The DFE vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium:
ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Schools receive PE and Sport Premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6; schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £8,000 and an additional payment of £5 per pupil. The funding must be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport offered.
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following Objectives and Indicators:
1. the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. increased participation in competitive sport
It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must be sustainable and leave a lasting legacy beyond the funding allocation.
The linked documents below show our plans for 2015/16 and the impact that we assess the spending has made.