Lower KS2 (Years 3 and 4)
Spring Term Overview 2020
Homework - Spring 2020
Here is your child’s homework for the first half of this term. Please note the change in format and reminders of expectations in Y3 and Y4. We expect all activities in the list to be completed. The activities have been carefully chosen to support your child’s Maths and English. Our topic this term is ‘Food, Glorious Food’ and we are doing a location study on Canada. There is an accompanying activity for each of these areas of learning.
The final week of each half term will be ‘Homework Week’ (week beginning 10th February) when children can share their work with their teacher and the rest of the class.
- Practise times tables using Times Tables Rockstars.
- Complete any assigned Mathletics activities as directed to by the class teacher.
- Complete provided maths activity sheets.
- Read 3 times a week at home and record this in the reading diary. Please keep an eye out for ‘Home reading guide for parents’ in your email inbox.
- Practise weekly spellings lists (test on Fridays).
- Practise CEW in rainbow writing (each letter of the word in a different colour).
- Complete provided comprehension activities. Y4 – to be completed fortnightly, Y3 – to be completed half termly.
- Paint/sketch a picture of a Canadian city skyline.
- Prepare a meal with your family and document what you have done thinking about the different food groups in the meal.