Early Birds and Night Owls
Wrap around Care Provision at Ickworth Park Primary- Covid 19 from September 2020
We are pleased to be able to offer some Wrap around care in September. There have been some changes from what we were offering back in March before the crisis began. Theses have been decided upon having completed our risk assessment and in order for us to be able to comply with guidance for the wider reopening of schools.
Our charges will remain the same: Early Birds £4.00 a session. Night Owls £8.00 a session.
Unfortunately we are not able to provide Breakfast or Tea, a light snack will be provided at Night Owls. We need to ensure staff ratios, by maintaining our prices we can do this and ensure the safety of all children accessing this provision.
Please read the policy below for our Extended Schools provision, this is also available on our website.
There are several Key points outlined below:
- Spaces are limited to 24
- Early Birds will run from 8.00 a.m. – 8.50 a.m. when children will then go to their classes.
- We will not be providing breakfast. Please use white bell in the morning.
- Night Owls will run from 3.20 p.m. – 5.00 p.m. please use the office bell until 4.30 then from 4.30 to 5.00 use the white bell.
- Provision will take place in the hall in bubble zones.
- We will be outside for Night Owls as much as possible.
- There will be a light snack and drink provided for every child in Night Owls.
- There will always be three members of staff on duty.
- You must book at least 5 days in advance of wanting a space- this is especially important for those wanting Monday care.(weekends are included in this 5 days)
- You must pay for spaces when you book.
- We are unable to refund any money if you cancel a space(we have to ensure we have enough staff on duty and they need to be paid)
- We will refund money if we need to cancel our provision due to lack of staff or a lockdown
- We will not be accepting children who turn up on the day without a booking
- We are unable to ‘pop’ children into Night Owls for 5 minutes if you are late collecting your child from school.
- Parents are not allowed in school- you will need to drop off and collect from the main entrance. Please ring the white bell in the mornings and the office bell in the evenings until 4.30 then use the white bell 4.30-5.00 pm.
- Please ensure you maintain a social distance from other parents
Thank you for your support and understanding.
If you need to contact Early Birds or Night Owls if you are going to be late or have a change in collection arrangements and the office is closed, please telephone 01284 735337 Ext 25.
Please do not use this number for bookings.
Bookings and payments can be made online at School Gateway and must be made at least 5 days in advance(see link below) where the booking options and costs are displayed.
If you feel unable to pay the cost of an after-school club or other activity due to family hardship please contact the Headteacher. Each case will be dealt with in complete confidence and it may be possible to arrange a remission of charges in part or in full.