Early Birds and Night Owls
Wrap around Care Provision at Ickworth Park Primary
We are pleased to be able to offer our Wrap around care in September. There have been some changes from what we were offering previously. We reviewed our provision at the end of the Summer term 2021. From September 2021 we have 16 spaces, this includes staff children. There will be 2 members of staff on duty at all times. Due to staffing costs we are unable to offer part sessions if your child attends another enrichment club (we have to pay our staff whether children are in Night Owls or not).
Our charges will remain the same: Early Birds £4.00 a session. Night Owls £8.00 part session (until 5pm) and £12 for a full session (until 5.45pm).
Unfortunately we are not able to provide Breakfast, a light snack will be provided at Night Owls, if you are using the full session facility a light tea will be provided.
Please read the policy below for our Extended Schools provision, this is also available on our website.
There are several Key points outlined below:
- Spaces are limited to 16.
- Early Birds will run from 8.00 a.m. – 8.50 a.m. when children will then go to their classes.
- We will not be providing breakfast. Please use white bell in the morning.
- Night Owls will run from 3.20 p.m. – 5.45 p.m. Mon-Thurs(full Session) or usual part session til 5pm please use the office bell until 4.30 then from 4.30 to 5.45 use the white bell. Friday sessions will be 3.20 - 5pm.
- We will be outside for Night Owls as much as possible.
- There will be a light snack and drink provided for every child in Night Owls. Those booked in for a full session will be provided with a light tea, toast, muffins etc.
- There will always be two members of staff on duty.
- You must book at least 5 days in advance of wanting a space- this is especially important for those wanting Monday care (weekends are included in these 5 days).
- You must pay for spaces when you book.
- We are unable to refund any money if you cancel a space (we have to ensure we have enough staff on duty and they need to be paid).
- We will refund money if we need to cancel our provision due to lack of staff or a lockdown.
- We will not be accepting children who turn up on the day without a booking.
- We are unable to ‘pop’ children into Night Owls for 5 minutes if you are late collecting your child from school.
- Parents will need to drop off and collect from the main entrance. Please ring the white bell in the mornings and use the walkie-talkie in the evenings or use the white bell. (Walkie-talkie will be outside main door when children are on the field)
- Due to the continuing prevalence of the virus we request that parents do not come into school, please collect your child from the main doors.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
If you need to contact Early Birds or Night Owls if you are going to be late or have a change in collection arrangements and the office is closed, please telephone 01284 735337 Ext 25.
Please do not use this number for bookings.
Bookings and payments can be made online at School Gateway and must be made at least 5 days in advance (see link below) where the booking options and costs are displayed.
Night Owls Menu 2021
If you feel unable to pay the cost of an after-school club or other activity due to family hardship please contact the Headteacher. Each case will be dealt with in complete confidence and it may be possible to arrange a remission of charges in part or in full.